Scope of Work
- Remove levees (7,300 Cubic Yards of fill material); place fill back into the excavated areas to match existing estuarine elevations inside and outside of the removed levee.
- Fill straitened estuarine channel and excavate a new sinuous pilot channel that mimics other natural channels in the area, connecting it to the existing stream.
- Work cooperatively with Mason County to raise Roessel Road to eliminate flooding and road closures, connecting the raised road with the existing raised trail/levee system.
- Raise a portion of existing gravel emergency access road to the new elevation of Roessel Rd.
- Replace one 18-inch culvert on the existing emergency access road with a 15 ft. culvert.
- Construct an elevated piling supported pier built in the footprint of the removed levee and connect the existing trails.
- Re-vegetate with native plants where needed.