Explore the fjord
Wednesdays + Fridays
8:30am – 3:30pm
July 7 – Aug 13
For this camp, HCSEG and project partners have various engaging and mostly outdoor activities planned around the Hood Canal watershed, where participants will connect with their local fjord through adventures and guidance provided by HCSEG staff. Examples of some activities include kayaking, hiking, tide-pooling, and painting in nature!
2021 Summer Activities
Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group COVID-19 Precautions
Here at the Salmon Center we can’t wait to start working with students and sharing summer on the Hood Canal with our community. As always when running education programs, the safety of participants and staff is a top priority, and this summer we will still be taking precautions in light of Covid-19. We have diligently reviewed guidelines from the CDC, Washington State Department of Health, Mason County Public Health and the American Camp Association (see American Camp Association 2021 Guidelines Here) while creating our safety policies and camp schedules for the season. These policies and procedures can be reviewed using the button below.
While the situation is ever-changing, we will keep you updated on any revisions to our protocols and procedures. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Alexandra Ehrich, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s to another fun summer on the beautiful Hood Canal!
Our main tool to stop any spread of Covid is through changes in our camp operations and participation size.
EXPLORE THE FJORD PROGRAM
- The Explore the Fjord day camp will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays throughout July and August.
- Campers will register online.
- Campers can meet at that weeks location* or at the Salmon Center where transportation is available.
******If parents are choosing to provide transportation, please note that on some days we will be going to several locations. If you would prefer your child has separate transportation please plan accordingly and reach out to us if you have questions about that day’s schedule.***
- Sign-ups are limited to 10 students per day.
- Each camper will be required to bring their own face mask, to be worn when space does not allow for social distancing, such as in a restroom.
- Campers will be required to bring their own lunch.
- We will provide hand sanitizer and other necessary disinfecting supplies.
- We require pre-screening of participants 14 days prior to a day of involvement (see downloadable form below).
- Campers will not be allowed to participate if they do not bring the screening form with them on day of participation.
- If you identify your camper as higher risk for complications related to COVID-19, we recommend you consult your camper’s medical care provider to assess their risk and determine if attendance is acceptable.
- Upon arrival each morning, we will inquire if your camper has any Covid-19 Symptoms and conduct temperature checks
Campers will not be allowed to participate if they do not bring the screening form with them on day of participation.
- Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group staff have been socially distancing and following CDC guidelines and state regulations. We will continue to do so in order to keep those we teach safe.
- Camp instructors have received training in their roles and responsibilities as they relate to COVID-19 precautions.