Farm Stewards Family days
June – July | Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays
9am – 12pm
Ages 6-11 with their families
Farm Stewards Family Days
In light of COVID-19, Salmon Center Farm Stewards will be a little different this summer (PLEASE READ THE COVID-19 SAFETY STATEMENT BELOW) We invite families to bring their young kiddos to the Salmon Center for self-led activities focused on sustainability and the environment. However, we’ll provide plenty of instructions, tools and lesson plans. Please pre-register for the day you wish to attend (mondays, thursdays and saturdays). You will be able to select your areas of interest for activities on the sign-up.
We also invite all participants to bring a picnic for after! The Salmon Center grounds are open until dusk.
Please select a date below to register :
[ To ensure the safety of all participants and HCSEG staff, we are accepting only one sign-up per day ]
2020 Summer Activities
Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group COVID-19 Precautions
Here at the Salmon Center, we are giddy to start working with students, and sharing summer on the Hood Canal with our community. As always when running education programs, the safety of participants and staff is a top priority, and this summer brings new threats to that priority with Covid-19. We have diligently reviewed guidelines from the CDC, Washington State Department of Health, Mason County Public Health and the American Camp Association (https://www.acacamps.org/resource-library/coronavirus/camp-business/camp-operations-guide-summer-2020) while creating our safety policies and camp schedules for the season. These policies and procedures will be included below.
While the situation is ever-changing, we will keep you updated on any revisions to our protocols and procedures. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Lucas Marin, Education and Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or 360-275-3575 ext. 103.
Here’s to another fun summer on the beautiful Hood Canal!
Our main tool to stop any spread of Covid is through changes in our camp schedule.
Farm Stewards Program
- The Farm Stewards Program will become a family oriented offering.
- Signups will be for one family group to join us on the farm, participate in activities, farm tours and tasks throughout the day.
- We will provide hand sanitizer and other necessary disinfecting supplies.
- Each participant will be required to bring their own face mask, to be worn when space does not allow for social distancing, such as in a restroom.
- All Farm Stewards activities will take place outside.
- Participants will be limited to one group per day.
- We require pre-screening of participants 14 days prior to a day of involvement (see downloadable form below).
- Campers will not be allowed to participate if they do not bring the screening form with them on day of participation.
- If you identify your camper as higher risk for complications related to COVID-19, we recommend you consult your camper’s medical care provider to assess their risk and determine if attendance is acceptable.
- Upon arrival each morning, we will inquire if your camper has any Covid-19 Symptoms and conduct temperature checks
Campers will not be allowed to participate if they do not bring the screening form with them on day of participation.
- Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group staff have been socially distancing and following CDC guidelines throughout the Stay at Home order, and will continue to do so in order to keep those we teach safe.
- Camp instructors have received training in their roles and responsibilities as they relate to COVID-19 precautions.
Sustainability and stewardship education for kiddos
Sustainability & stewardship education for kiddos
The Salmon Center Farm Stewards Program will be an expanded year-round program with summer and school year components. Farm stewards will get to learn about and interact with all aspects of maintaining a fully functioning, organic, farm and garden that produces fresh fruits and vegetables and includes a flock of poultry along with a mixed herd of llamas, alpacas, and goats.